Andersen door prices for 400 Series sliding patio doors available from home improvement stores like Home Depot start at about $1,600 just for the door. Andersen Moving Glass Wall systems – that has a pricey ring to it – can easily surpass $50,000 installed.
Most homeowners make an investment of $2,500 to $10,000 per Andersen patio door, French door or sliding door they purchase and have professionally installed.
Andersen Patio Doors Price
This is a single comparison table of Andersen patio prices for each type. Then we review each type of Andersen patio door with prices below.
How much are Andersen patio doors? Here’s an overview.
Types of Andersen Patio Doors
“Patio doors” is a catch-all for Andersen gliding doors, French doors, hinged doors and what Andersen calls Big doors, a collection that includes multiple door panels in a range of styles like pivot doors, lift and slide doors and folding doors.
Like many sites, the Andersen door pages provide a number of $ signs to indicate the relative cost of Andersen patio doors compared to one another.
In this section, we use their cost rankings as we describe each door type. At the end of each section, we provide the specific cost of Andersen patio doors in a table.
Availability: Some Andersen 400, 200 and 100 Series doors are available “off the shelf” from Home Depot and a few other building supply stores. Your options are limited.
All of the series can be ordered and customized through Andersen Door and Window dealers.
Andersen Gliding Patio Doors
Also called sliding doors, these range in cost from about $2,500 to $8,000 depending in the series and options chosen. As Andersen puts it, cost is $-$$$$$ with most being $$$.
Andersen E-Series Gliding Doors
Andersen calls this series the “most customizable,” i.e., you have the most options. It is the top of the line and expensive – $$$$$.
- French and Contemporary panels are offered
- 10 wood species
- 20+ factory interior finishes in stains and paints plus custom colors
- 50 standard aluminum-clad exterior colors and 7 anodized finishes plus custom colors.
- Plenty of panel size, glass, grille and hardware options.
Andersen A-Series Gliding Doors
Andersen A Series patio door cost is pretty high – $$$$. They are nearly as costly as E-Series gliding doors. There features include:
- Wood interiors & fiberglass-coated exteriors
- 1-4 panels
- 6 wood species, finished or unfinished, with many factory stain and paint options.
- 11 exterior fiberglass colors
A good selection of glass, grille and hardware options make them quite customizable. These are Andersen’s most energy efficient gliding doors. View Andersen A Series gliding patio door cost at the end of this section.
Andersen 400 Series Gliding Doors
This is Andersen’s best-selling patio door. It’s a mid-price $$$ door.
Termed Andersen 400 Frenchwood due to “old-world character” with wide frames, they are designed to look like French doors. See Andersen 400 series Frenchwood gliding patio door price in the table below.
- 4 interior wood species plus white-painted finish
- 4 vinyl-clad exterior colors
- 8 hardware styles in a dozen finishes
Again, while this series is sold “off the shelf,” those doors are made in a limited range of options. You might have to custom order doors to get exactly what you want.
Andersen 200 Series Gliding Doors
The company says these are value-priced $$ doors. They’re available in two styles – Contemporary looking Perma-Shield and Narroline with thin frames to give you the most view.
- Narroline doors come in white and pine interiors and 6 vinyl-clad exterior colors. Two and Four-panel doors are offered.
- Perma-Shield doors are available in 6 painted interior colors and the same vinyl-clad exterior colors. One and two-panel doors are made.
Andersen 100 Series Gliding Doors
Andersen 100 Series gliding patio doors ($) are made with proprietary Fibrex material – recycled wood from window and door construction mixed with fiberglass. Features include:
- 4 interior and 5 exterior colors, white and mostly cool tones.
- Multiple glass options to fit your climate plus 4 grille styles – or no grilles.
- 7 hardware finishes and 2 hardware styles plus an optional foot lock.
Andersen Sliding Door Prices
This table allows you to compare all Andersen sliding door prices at a glance.
|Andersen Gliding Door Series||Door Only||Door Installed||Material|
|E-Series||$4,400 – $7,000||$5,300 – $8,000||Wood|
|A-Series||$3,900 – $6,000||$4,600 – $6,950||Wood|
|400 Series||$1,600 – $3,600||$2,200 – $4,600||Wood|
|200 Series||$1,600 – $2,750||$2,150 – $3,700||Wood|
|100 Series||$1,000 – $1,800||$1,800 – $2,800||Fibrex|
Andersen French Doors & Hinged Patio Doors
These doors are available in 4 series. The color/hardware/glass/grille features are the same as for the same series in gliding doors.
Availability: Home building supply stores will have a limited range of these doors available to purchase the same day. Most homeowners end up ordering from those stores or Andersen Window and Door specialists.
Let’s have a look.
Andersen E-Series French & Hinged Doors
The brands “most customizable” series gives you nearly unlimited options, but highest cost at $$$$$
Traditional panels are offered with 8” or 12” bottom rails
Contemporary panels come with 3 11/16 and 4 11/16 top and bottom rails
- Pine, maple, oak, cherry, Douglas fir, alder and more species in a large range of stains and paint colors plus customizable tones.
- 50+ aluminum and anodized exterior colors plus color-match for your project.
- Single-panel and two-panel doors with a huge range of hardware, glass and feature options.
Andersen A-Series French & Hinged Doors
These $$$$ doors are wood interiors with wood exteriors coated in fiberglass for weather protection.
- Single, two and three panels in standard and custom sizes
- 6 finished and unfinished woods plus a nice range of pre-finished interior stain and paint colors
- About a dozen fiberglass-coated exterior colors
- Enough hardware, finish, glass and grille options to tailor the doors’ appearance to your style
Andersen 400 Series French & Hinged Doors
These best-selling, reasonably-priced $$$ doors give you limited but appealing feature choices.
Andersen calls the Frenchwood doors for their traditional French door styling. We’ve listed Andersen 400 series patio door cost in the table at the end of this section.
- One, two and three panels available
- Blinds between glass as an option
- White-painted plus pine, maple and oak interiors
- 4 exterior vinyl cladding colors
- Art glass options are very attractive
Andersen 200 Series French & Hinged Doors
These are Andersen’s value-priced $$ doors.
- Hinged patio doors
- Fiberglass-protected wood interior and aluminum-clad exteriors in a handful of colors
- Single and two-panel doors in several standard sizes – custom sizes can be ordered
Andersen French & Hinged Patio Door Prices
E-Series and A-Series doors have a fine-furniture quality to them. The 400 and 200 Series offer more affordability.
|Andersen French/Hinged Series||Door Only||Door Installed||Material|
|E-Series||$4,900 – $8,500||$5,800 – $9,500||Wood|
|A-Series||$4,650 – $7,800||$5,350 – $8,600||Wood|
|400 Series||$2,200 – $4,450||$3,000 – $5,500||Wood|
|200 Series||$1,950 – $2,800||$2,800 – $3,950||Wood|
Andersen Big Doors
Also called Andersen Moving Glass Wall Systems, it is safe to say that all of these are $$$$-$$$$$ options.
They’re made in 4 styles: MultiGlide, Liftslide, Pivot and Folding doors.
All Andersen Big Doors are produced by Weiland, a manufacturer of luxury doors. Andersen acquired Weiland in 2013.
Here is an Andersen Big Door comparison chart.
Andersen Liftslide Doors
These Big Doors are just that with options to multi-panel 60 feet wide and 16 feet high. Andersen calls them its “premium moving glass wall door.”
- Panels 3 feet to 14 feet wide
- Stacking or Pocketing
- 10 interior woods, but no factory finishes
- 50+ exterior aluminum-clad colors plus custom color matching
- All-aluminum frames available too
- 12 hardware finish colors
Andersen MultiGlide Doors
Andersen calls these “beautiful walls of movable glass.
- Systems up to 50 feet long and 10 feet high
- Openings up to 25 feet
- Panels up to 5 feet
- Straight stacking or pocketing
- 10 wood species with bare or factory-stained options
- 50+ aluminum-clad exterior colors including 7 anodized aluminum options
Andersen Folding Doors
These are outswing doors while the Liftslide and MultiGlide are inswing, so keep that in mind as you plan.
- Systems up to 10 feet tall and 48 feet wide
- Contemporary styling with panels up to 4 feet wide
- Left, right or center opening
- Excellent selection of features and options for tailored appearance and performance
- 10 wood species with bare or factory-stained or painted options
- 50+ aluminum-clad exterior colors including 7 anodized aluminum options
Andersen Pivot Doors
“A pivot door rotates on a pivot box in the floor and the top jamb rather than traditional door side hinges,” according to Weiland.
- Single-pivot and double-pivot options
- Doors 9 feet wide and 13 feet tall are manufactured
- Maximum size for any door is 60 square feet
- Inswing or outswing
- Same interior and exterior options as the other Big Doors
- All-aluminum frames and aluminum-clad wood options
Andersen Big Door Prices
These are multi-panel doors, from one panel to more than 20. Hence the wide range of prices for doors and installed doors.
|Andersen Big Door Series||Door Only||Door Installed||Material|
|Liftslide Series||$4,100 – $200,000+||$5,500 – $250,000+||
Wood or Aluminum
|MultiGlide Series||$4,000 – $150,000+||$5,000 – $200,000+||Wood|
|Folding Series||$4,400 – $125,000+||$5,800 – $150,000||Wood|
|Pivot Door Series||$1,900 – $7,600||$2,800 – $9,800||
Wood or Aluminum